Georgia




¡Hola chic@s!

My name is Georgia, I am 28 years old, I come from a small town of that small country in the Mediterranean sea called Greece, and this is a short introduction to my story.

I have been living in crowded Athens for 10 years, studying and working. I would say that there are not big differences between Greek and Spanish weather. However, la vida murciana was a new experience for me.

I have a BA in Political Sciences and Public Administration, a MA in Social Policy and I was working full-time in a Hotel Group and part-time in a NGO in Greece before I came to Murcia. I had been dreaming of doing EVS for a long time but it wasn’t until I received an email in June that I knew my dream would eventually come true.

Although I seemed to have a stable life with job(s), friends, leisure activities and new experiences, a faint voice inside my head was telling me it was time for a change. So I heard that voice and accepted the challenge. During the time between June and the starting day of the project, I found myself having a lot of excitement, happiness and a wee bit of fear of the unknown. That bit of fear came from the fact that I didn’t have much practical information about my stay in Murcia. But I decided to trust life, go with the flow and stop wondering about anything. Thus I cleaned my room in Athens out, said goodbye to my friends and family and I arrived in Spain on the 13th of September very tired but with a great enthusiasm.

It’s been almost 2 months since the day I arrived here and all the experiences I have got so far confirm that I made the best decision to come here. The beginning of my project was good and I strongly believe that the best is yet to come!

So, what I want to tell to all of you is that no matter what your age is, no matter what the standards imposed by society are, no matter what stage of life you are on, it is never too late to make the decision, get out of your comfort zone, and live the once-in-a-lifetime experience that EVS can offer you.

That’s it for now. I’ll get back to you with more new experiences soon. ☺






“Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore”

Comments

Popular Posts